30.10.2014 г.

[News] Wayne Coyne Explains His Friendship With Miley Cyrus: "She's A Bigger Freak Than I Am"



Wayne Coyne and Miley Cyrus have become good friends over the past year. Their shenanigans are documented all over Instagram, and they've collaborated on short films, performances, and new music. Most recently, Cyrus worked with Coyne and his band The Flaming Lips on their latest album With A Little Help From My Fwends, where they cover The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Although their close friendship seems unlikely with such an age difference, Coyne says they actually have a lot in common. In an interview with Radio.com, Coyne dished on what it's like working with Cyrus and what he admires about her.
"Last year, if there was a 'person of the year,' it was Miley Cyrus," he told them. "I had a sense that she just didn't give a f--k. She had so many people telling her how stupid she was, or how embarrassing she was. But also, she had a lot of people telling her how absolutely great she was. And I could tell that she was like, 'I don't give a f-k what people think.' And to me, that's when the power of music and art really starts to accelerate."
He continued: "Because if you're really trying to sell records, that's a difficult area to play in. If you're trying to be popular, that's difficult. If you're trying to be something other than yourself, you're probably gonna lose. But I could tell with her, she's like, 'I'm just doing whatever the f--k I want and I don't give a f--k what people think.' And I think she knew that we were fans, and last year on my birthday she tweeted a happy birthday wish to me and said that I was one of her favorite artists, and I tweeted her right back. We just got each other's numbers after that and became friends. I think if you were around her, after five minutes you'd go, 'Oh, I get it.' I don't think I would have any fun being in the studio with someone that was surrounded by managers and handlers. She's not like that at all. I think that most of the people that are going to want to be around me aren't like that."
He compared working with Cyrus to working with Kesha, noting that the power Cyrus has over her career and projects is much different than Kesha's, who is works under the shadow of Dr. Luke, the producer she is currently suing.
"But Miley, in a sense, is like me in that she just does what she wants to do. She's the boss, she's not calling anybody saying, 'Can I do a song with Flaming Lips?' If she wants to do it, she just does it. And anybody that works for her says, 'Great, let's go do it!' And I think her camp does not look at it as being absurd."
Incase you weren't convinced that Cyrus is as big of a weirdo as she makes herself out to be online, Coyne confirms that it isn't an act.
"They know her, she's a freak. I can tell you for sure, she's a bigger freak than I am. You'd love her. I mean, if you were around her, the perception that people have, that would completely disappear, you'd just love her. She's absolutely fun and full of love."




Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар