31.07.2014 г.

[News] Lily Allen on Miley: 'I Feel Proud of Her'


Last May, Lily Allen called Miley Cyrus a "fearless bitch" during her first New York performance in five years; less than three months later, the British singer will join Cyrus' Bangerz tour as the opening act on a select number of dates. Before she hits the road with Cyrus on Aug. 1, Allen tells Billboard that she couldn't be happier to join such a stellar arena spectacle.

"I saw it at the O2 in London [in May], and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's one of the best shows that I've seen in years," says Allen. "It's up there with an Oasis show or the Stone Roses or something. It's kind of incredible to watch -- she's a real force. There's no two ways about it, she's meant to be up there doing that."

Allen adds that the Bangerz tour stage production is impressive, but even without the bells and whistles, the "Wrecking Ball" star would be able to pull off an unforgettable pop experience. "She's incredible, and she has such a presence," she says of Cyrus. "Her personality is what shines through. I'm not close to Miley, I don't know her very well, but I feel proud of her."

Prior to this year's Sheezus album, Allen spent five years away from the studio, a gap that allowed the U.K. star to focus on her family but made it all the more difficult to leap back into mainstream music. Allen says that she also recognizes and appreciates the metamorphosis that Cyrus has had to undergo, following her days as a wholesome teen star.

"It must have been very tough for her to make that transition from the Disney star of 'Hannah Montana' into herself, essentially," says Allen. "People don't really like change in this day and age, and not only has she succeeded in changing her complete persona, but she's done it in an in-your-face way, which I love. I'm all for that kind of stuff."

Following Allen's stint on the Bangerz tour, the singer-songwriter will perform at a string of summer festivals overseas before beginning her own U.S. headlining tour on Sept. 9 in Miami. "I've been on tour [overseas] for about six months," says Allen, "and not only am I excited to be a part of Miley's tour, I'm also excited to only play for half an hour. I'm done by 7:00 o'clock. I can go to dinner!"



Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар